A Question About Grotesque

Posted by Rmjeeves on July 18, 2024

So I just got a female Grotesque and I used over 100 orbs to upgrade its Flaming Belch skill to level 10, I checked the damage it did and it was exactly the same as it was when it was mastery level one. When I saw the description of the skill, it didn't say anything about mastery levels. Does anyone what mastery levels do to the Flaming Belch skill?

Replies

Reply by Jennifer on July 18, 2024

I don't know if the mastery level for flamin belch does anything for the skill but if you have the equipment dragon eye I would recomend using that if you aren't already doing that. Since swallow whole has a cool down period it can't be used twice in a row. With dragon eye it can use swallow whole a few times in a row when you use flaming belch.

Reply by Rmjeeves on July 18, 2024

Yes I am already using dragon eye on my Grotesque, and I’m just wondering why Flaming Belch does 100,000 damage when it’s on mastery level 10.

Reply by jeffery on July 20, 2024

update 7.2 the damaged dealt by orbs is less, only two times not 10 times at level 10. But they still doesn’t make sense why it’s doing the same amount of damage.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on July 20, 2024

I just tested it and it is working fine. On a freshly evolved Grotesque, I fought a Mumzie, then leveled up Flaming Belch to 10 and fought another Mumzie. Here is the activity log for the two battles:

Your Male Grotesque used Flaming Belch on Mumzie and hit for 15,356 Fire damage. It wasn't very effective. Mumzie is down to -15,231 health. Male Grotesque has gained 269 experience points. You have won the battle against a level 1 Mumzie. You have gained 1,512 gacha coins. Would you like to continue exploring the endless dungeon?

Your Male Grotesque used Flaming Belch on Mumzie and hit for 30,715 Fire damage. It wasn't very effective. Mumzie is down to -30,590 health. Male Grotesque has gained 269 experience points. You have won the battle against a level 1 Mumzie. You have gained 1,512 gacha coins. The enemy dropped 1 Elixir of Intelligence. Would you like to continue exploring the endless dungeon?

It's important to test the damage on the same enemy around the same level, or you may end up with different damage from element effectiveness, defenses, resistances, etc. I'm guessing you fought something that Grotesque was effective against and then leveled it up, tested it again against something it wasn't effective against.

Reply by Jennifer on July 20, 2024

When I was trying to see which skill of Lectry's did more damage in the mines and dungeon I would compare the damage that each skill did with the same type of pets in the mines and dungeon. I do that same thing when I'm trying to figure out which equipment works best for a pet. With Rocky and Stonewarden I tried battering ram and then mysterious vile. Mysterious vile id a little more damage. A part of that could be the number of forges and refining on each equipment. Then I tried tainted pendant with Rocky and Stonewarden and it did even more damage.

Reply by Rmjeeves on July 21, 2024

Ok good to know thank you!

Please sign in to post a reply.