Drops in the Endless Forest

Posted by GolfCartLord on Dec. 18, 2022

Hi Malero,

I noticed the drops in the endless forest have changed quite a lot recently.

I feel the drops with the checkpoint bosses the majority of the time have been lackluster. For me this makes the game not as fun to play as it was week or two ago.

I'm wondering if the checkpoint boss drops could be changed?

Sometimes the regular trap battles give more orbs of mastery/mist than the checkpoint boss drops. The regular trap battles have dropped many many more cracked/chipped orbs of awakening than the boss checkpoint drops.

When I fight the bosses, and they drop things, I think it's more exciting to have more of a wow factor from the drops.

I'd love to hear your take on all of this.

Thank you,
Dustin

Replies

Reply by Hacker on Dec. 18, 2022

On top of that, can you add amber into the endless forest and let the bosses have a percentage of dropping eggs and amber?

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Dec. 18, 2022

I had to rewrite a lot of the loot code to work with an upcoming system. It should be very close to the old system. What do you feel has changed?

Reply by GolfCartLord on Dec. 22, 2022

My best estimates after playing about 80 checkpoints over the last 2 weeks as compared with playing the beta version. (one week I went to checkpoint 35ish and last week 45 ish)

The battles (traps) have dropped less of these by about a factor of 3-4x (so if something dropped 12 times before, I've noticed it drops about 6-4 times now)
less orbs of mastery
less bounty contracts
less bonfires
less mist

All of those above (orbs of mastery, bounty contracts, bonfires, mist) seem to drop less at checkpoints by a factor of 3-4x (so if something dropped 12 times before, I've noticed it drops about 3-4 times now)

With chipped and cracked orbs of awakening, I've noticed about a 30-40% decrease in their drop rate whether it's the traps or checkpoints (so if these dropped 10 times before, I estimate they're dropping around 6-7 now)

Reply by MysticalAlchemist on Dec. 23, 2022

I agree with GolfCartLord. The drops in The Endless Forest are significantly less than they were while playing the beta version.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Dec. 23, 2022

There was a bug in the endless forest that counted everyone’s progress towards the item rarity bonus rather than just your own. There was also a bug that healed all player pets in the endless forest when anyone beat a boss in the endless forest. People may have noticed the extremely long delay (3-5 seconds) after beating a boss in the endless forest. That’s what lead me to these bugs. It was updating everyone’s data rather than just your own. I’m not 100% sure how I want to handle this fix/nerf. I’ll boost the item rarity bonus in the endless forest by a small amount today, but it’s still not going to be as much as it was. There will soon be a way to increase the item rarity bonus globally in a new system I’m working on. Hopefully that will help make up for it too. I apologize for making this bug and not catching it sooner.

Reply by CommanderTheBarbarian on Dec. 23, 2022

Can you add an item that will give you a better chance of getting better pets for a certain amount of time?

Reply by CommanderTheBarbarian on Dec. 23, 2022

I wish Gacha Pets was a video game. That way it would be like the brouser version, but with sounds. That would take a while, so I don't know if that will happen. I just think it would exciting.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Dec. 23, 2022

@aaaaa There will be a permanent bonus to pet rarity with the new system as well. I’m almost done with it, so I suppose I can spoil it a little bit. You will be able to summon bosses in a new location that will give your account a permanent buff to specific things. Each boss will have its own thing that it buffs. Each time you defeat it, you will get 1% or so to that specific thing, but it will get stronger each time as well.

I’d like to add sounds and better animations for the browser version. It all just takes time. This time next year, maybe it will feel more like a real video game!

Please sign in to post a reply.