Playing on the app verses the browser

Posted by Jennifer on Aug. 27, 2024

Ever since January I've been playing on the browser and I found it easier than the Alexa app. However, it was suggested to me that I use the app to go into the mines. I was told I'd would get more stuff like embers than I get from the browser version. I never really paid attention to what I was getting at each boss floor. I went ahead and looked at what I was getting from each boss and it did seem like I was getting the different ore more often from the app version. Playing on the app I got different ore 3 times in 50 floors and when I played on the browser I only got ore once in about 100 floors. This all could just be random and I really don't know if I was getting more ember or whetstones and sulfur. I do know that when I played on the app I got double the amount of coins than I got playing on the browser. I think we should be getting the same amount of coins and other stuff whether we play on the app or browser. I prefer playing on the browser version and I'm glad that you've made this option available but I shouldn't be given less because I choose to play on the browser. I should mention that I never worried about having enough coins for what I wanted to do but now I know why my friends have so many more coins.

Replies

Reply by Pets4Me on Aug. 28, 2024

I didn't realise this was happening. I hope this can be fixed. I've always used the Browser version and have wondered why the people who use the Alexa version collect a lot more items and get further in the mines, the dungeon and the forest.

Reply by Jennifer on Aug. 28, 2024

An update to my post:
I've spent the past two hours playing on Alexa and my browser comparing both versions in the mines and dungeon. I have listened to all the battles and read the information when I played on the browser which is something I rarely do because it takes so long. I have come to the conclusion that we are getting more stuff when we play on Alexa. Sometimes it is only 1 or 2 health or stamina potions or an elixir or something else or maybe nothing from the enemy floors but there have been times when I've gotten 3 health potions and 2 elixirs or 1 or 2 tin or iron ore along with a health potion. Even the boss floors give more stuff. I don't get as much from playing on the browser. I can play on Alexa when my pets are on the floors under 2000 but once they get over 2000 a lot of my pets get knocked out to often and sometimes Alexa gives the health potions to the wrong pet. For me with this game it's much easier to move through the game doing things on the browser because my echo doesn't always like to listen to me. I like playing on the browser because I don't have to listen to all the information that's given to do things like check my farm plots. Plus with all the stuff on this game I do much better if I can read what I have and decide what to do.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Aug. 28, 2024

Yes, you get a bonus for playing on Alexa since it’s harder to play fast. People that play on the browser still get more loot for playing the same amount of time on average. You can easily play 10 times faster on the browser than you can using voice on Alexa.

Reply by Jennifer on Aug. 29, 2024

As always thank you. It make sense that playing on the browser is faster for the mines and dungeon. Even the person who told me I would get more stuff playing on the app said it would be slower. I can go through the forest a little bit faster on the app than I can on the browser. With the mines and dungeon it's a little slower because I have to wait for the command I give to be done and sometimes my Alexa doesn't hear what I say. Since I use an echo I use the action button and when the talking starts whether it's to say what floor I'm on or to start the battle I use the action button and say yes to jump past all the talking.

Reply by Anthony on Sept. 1, 2024

no offence, but playing on the Alexa device you should get quadruple bonuses for the mental torture it put you through

Please sign in to post a reply.