Matt needs to implement quite a lot

Posted by Denisovich87 on July 20, 2024

Trying to find out info about one of my pets, Amazon smartspeaker said "Matt needs to implement this".
So many freaking failures on things that should be simple… I would be embarrassed to be a part of the production/managing team here. I paid once for a subscription but… This is such a freaking failure of a beta test, And the subscription provisions are laughable to long-term subscription, I think I might kind of be done playing in general.

Replies

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on July 20, 2024

You're free to stop playing and stop sending nasty messages to me at any time. Would you like me to delete your account for you?

Reply by Jayde on July 23, 2024

This game can be played for free, and with no real restrictions. Premium is very nice, but there's absolutely no need for it if you don't want to, or simply can't for whatever reason. I played for a week and a half before going premium, and I'll admit that some things changing/being a little buggy can be a touch annoying at times. Sure, okay, that's valid. Butyou know what I'm not gonna do? Show up here on a forum and throw a fit over it. If you want to be done, be done. If you're frustrated, maybe find a way to show that constructively? This is, to the best of my knowledge, one person doing this by themselves, and also sort of learning as they go. If that's not what you want, float away and go someplace else.

Reply by Pets4Me on July 24, 2024

I personally like this game. So I'm continuing to subscribe. There's always room for improvement no matter which game you choose to play. I'm going to continue to play it because even though there's a lot of problems, the system is laid out in a way that the game is adictive and you can find out different character traits of each pet, see how far you can go in the various competition areas like the mines and the dungeon. That's my take on it.

Reply by Anthony on July 25, 2024

Sadly I have noticed today the search and match command was screwed up, I could not even feed my pets, because of this I think I will just stick to the browser version even though I prefer playing on Alexa, honestly there is no point getting angry over it, the one its damaging the most will be Matt because its his project he is trying to make a success of.

The sad thing for Matt is people will move on very quickly because of it and it's a real shame, as when working correctly it's really addictive.

Maybe Amazon should say when loading up the game the game is still being developed so people have a choice whether to spend money or not.

Reply by Jared on July 27, 2024

Dennis,
This is coming from somebody who has beta tested software and use software for at least 20 years. Since this game has been redeveloped, there's always going to be bugs. Matt is doing the best he can, and if somebody who has beta tested software for 20 years, Talking shit is not going to fix the problem. Asking questions, reporting bugs, and even sending private email with those bugs will get things done.
I've sent Matt a number of emails, and most cases, he has sent me responses back. I believe I sent him one recently, maybe it got overlooked, but most of the time he does very well.
It seems to me that this is a one-man company, and this type of posting will not get you anywhere, but more than likely banned. If this is what you want, keep it up. I will not blame Matt for deleting you from this game.

Reply by Anthony on July 28, 2024

this is one of the reasons I could never be a developer because people like the original poster with drive me up apoplectic it’s obvious Matt is doing his best because it’s in his interest to make a good game and to be successful people who are still interested in the game should try and help Matt along as much as possible because I do believe the game when working is possibly the best Alexa game out there so he has something here. It’s really strange. I love playing on Alexa so I switch between the browser version and the echo device. I don’t think I would use the browser version at all if the Alexa device version gets totally fixed , but slowly but surely bugs are getting squashed

Reply by jeffery on July 28, 2024

as a a blind individual, I’ve spent the last few years using various Alexa skills. out of the thousands that are available on the skills store, there are only two that I normally use: this game and one other. That is only because this game and the other one constantly being updated and bugs are being fixed. There was one game that I played where I pay for a premium subscription, and then the whole game stopped working. I complained about this a few years ago, but I don’t think anything‘s been done about it. But at least the developer of this game would fix it as soon as possible, if something like this were to ever happen in Gacha pets. so to be honest I think we should be thankful that this game exists

Please sign in to post a reply.