I cannot do anything with a lot of my pets

Posted by Haven. on July 24, 2022

Whenever I try to send most of my pets to places they are not recognised and Alexa says that I cannot find a pet with the name male/ female

Replies

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on July 24, 2022

Right now it should default to the strongest of the two If you leave out the gender. I’m going to add a question that asks the gender if it’s omitted. That might make it easier splitting it into two commands. I can’t reproduce that specific issue, so it’s somewhat hard to figure out what is causing that problem.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on July 25, 2022

Is this all pets or certain pets that you're having problems with? What happens if you leave out the gender? Any help is greatly appreciated and will help fix the problem.

Reply by Haven. on July 27, 2022

When I leave out the gender alexa says that I cannot find a pet with name of [pet name].
Before it seemed to be happening with 10 different types of pets but now it seems to be fixed for a majority of my pets.
I made a list of pets that Alexa isn’t recognising
1) Both Devvys
2) Both Chikas
3) Male Jacko (Alexa seems to think I am saying none!)
4) Both Slimebats (Alexa also thinks I am saying None here too!)
5) Male Spectra
6) Female Tuska (in this instance, Alexa can’t even understand I am saying Tuska)
7) Male Squint
8) Male Squirt
9) Male Screamy (Alexa thinks I am saying None)
10) Both Shellys (for the male Alexa thinks I am saying none)
11) Both Polarpusses (Alexa thinks I am saying None for this too!)
12) Male Punk

Reply by Haven. on July 30, 2022

Issues resolved 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Reply by baethyn on Sept. 23, 2022

I have been having a similar issue lately. I'm not sure what's going on either, but I'm getting issues with some of the previously listed pets and sometimes with gender keyword. In addition to the previously listed pets I'm having problems with Yeta and Tosla. Yeta just gives me an invalid command, completely misunderstands me, or when it does actually hear me correctly it comes back with can't find a pet named male yeta, possibly yeda, not sure if that matters. Tosla on the other hand it is treating as if it was a swear word and bleeping it out. I think this may tie into the word tosser in some way since it has apparently become a swear word for Alexa in the US.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Sept. 23, 2022

After the endless forest is released, I plan on experimenting with a few different ways to help with this issue. It's unfortunate that Alexa is bleeping out Tossla. I don't have any control over that other than renaming the pet, which I'd prefer not to do.

Reply by Haven. on Sept. 23, 2022

The issue is still there for most of my pets but everything is good if you use typing

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Sept. 23, 2022

I've never experienced it personally. I have, however, witnessed someone with a strong accent try to interact with Alexa and it wasn't pretty. It frustrated her to no end. She was just trying to play a song and Alexa tried to do many things for her, but nothing close to what she was asking.

Reply by ayumi on Sept. 24, 2022

LOL the poor lady, might be her Alexa acting up

Please sign in to post a reply.