Will the game close or not?

Posted by Frosinpapa on Aug. 10, 2024

I read in one of the messages that the game is going to be closed. tell me please. do you plan to develop this game further, or it will close anyway.

Replies

Reply by jeffery on Aug. 11, 2024

I haven’t heard anything about the game closing, where did you hear this

Reply by jeffery on Aug. 11, 2024

is there anyone else who has read that the game is closing down

Reply by laisdandrea on Aug. 11, 2024

I haven't read anything about it; in fact, I was quite surprised by this comment.

Reply by Digital Hokum Staff Replymalero on Aug. 11, 2024

They’re probably thinking of stuff I’ve said about Townsmith. Townsmith doesn’t make any money, and I’ve thought about shutting it down. It doesn’t really cost anything to run, so it would be more work to shut it down than to keep going. Can of Words required a fair amount of daily work and cost way more money than it was making. I wasn’t able to find a good way to market the game, so I had to shut it down. Similar games have millions of players on PC and mobile, I just wasn’t able to reach them and Amazon didn’t push any players to the skill. It’s pretty unfortunate, I spent a good amount of time making that game and really liked the way it turned out.

Gacha Pets pays for itself to exist. There are just as many people playing on the browser version as Alexa now, which is pretty cool. There are also a lot of people wishlisting Gacha Pets on Steam, so that makes me hopeful that releasing the game on other platforms could grow the user base, make more money and allow me to work on it more. I think it still needs a fair amount of work before it’s ready to release on them, though.

Reply by Frosinpapa on Aug. 12, 2024

Thank you, I got the answer to my question.
the game is really good. I enjoy spending time here during breaks from work. May God grant you prosperity and all the best.

Please sign in to post a reply.